The current corporate environment presents a growing demand for employee improvement. The dynamic market brings forth new and better opportunities for the employer as well as the employee.
In the middle of all the chaos, organizations realize the importance of improving their workforce. Companies strive to eliminate excess work at the workplace by making jobs more challenging. But at the same time rewarding.
Technology is posing as a threat to the manual workforce. Therefore, one needs to work towards becoming adaptive to different roles. In the pursuit of a stronger workforce, corporate can focus on the following training programs for the employee:
1. Time management: First and foremost, time is money. As an organization, one cannot undermine the importance of deadlines. A large number of employees around the globe find it difficult to manage their time efficiently. This further leads to stress and delays.
Time management training can help employees stay focused, organized and productive. For example, Rivigo Ltd. has recently emerged as the market leader in the logistics sector. They offer a 20% reduction in transportation time as its unique selling proposition.
2. Communication: The art of war by Sun Tzu recognizes communication as the single point factor which distinguishes a good team from a great one. Ineffective communication can often lead to negative relations and blunders, ultimately affecting the bottom line of the organization.
Hence, it goes a long way for companies to set up training programs in the domain of corporate/business communications.
3. Leadership: Where will the ship be without its captain. With the coming up of technology and increased competition, corporates are constantly redefining job structures. Often putting employees in leadership positions and in that case, one can only hope they are prepared.
Hence, by investing time and money in developing leadership skills of your employees a company can ensure they don’t fumble in the face of opportunity.
4. Diversity: The modern corporate environment brings together a vast variety of ethnicity, cultures, and ideologies. One can only imagine the complications that tag along. Employees today need to be refined towards dealing with gender issues, different ethnicity, and cultures.
An organization needs to put in place a specific code of conduct to maintain a healthy environment. Said code should define guidelines regarding acceptable behaviour in the workplace. A clear set of instructions about reprimand. As hostile work environment does not only hamper productivity but also causes a nuisance.
5. Interpersonal skills: Training employees in effective interpersonal skills forms another important part of the modern workspace. Due to the global nature of teams creating high connectivity, it becomes very important to train employees on how to deal with global complexities.
Such training programs will also enable the workforce to maintain a positive relationship with others, reduce conflicts and resolve issues in a better way.
6. Negotiation skills: Negotiations are a regular occurrence in offices. Whether it is the sales force negotiating with clients or internal negotiations between employer and employee, it helps if the employees understand how to handle expectations and deliverables.
So with an effective training program in place, one would be able to develop and improve these skills. Negotiation skills will bring objective and balance to relationships and interactions.
All the mentioned training programs require active participation from both the employer and the employee. Although it involves a certain amount of investment, the long term results are enriching.
Sometimes companies are skeptical about making such an investment. It is due to the threat of attrition and of losing that investment. However, one needs to ask if it is worth having a workforce lacking the above skills.
So what are you waiting for? Write to us at [email protected] / Call us on +91- 9555115533 and explore your training needs!