Hey, are you here for upgrading your knowledge about the landing page of your website? If yes, then you have landed at the correct place. Do you know about the landing page or do you want to know some features of a good landing page? Then pull your socks up for getting ample information that is important for you to make your landing page the best.
Some significant questions are discussed here. Just 8 Golden tips on ‘How a landing page should be?’ are also packed like a treasure for you to be unpacked in the later part.
So go on reading. Because- ‘Reading is the key to open the doors of rooms filled with Knowledge.’
Firstly, ask yourself ‘What a landing page is?’ Do you get a perfect answer from your brain? If not, then read the following:
- The landing page is meant for converting your viewer to your customer and increase traffic to your site.
- When a visitor clicks a link and lands on some other page (landing page) it should be an eye-catching experience for him.
- A landing page represents a centralized topic in detail. One gives the rest of the information like offers, webinars, events, different blog posts, etc. along the edges of the page.
- This helps the viewer to clearly understand at least one topic. Rather than getting confused from a home page and skipping your site. (To know about the differences between a home page and a landing page, read the next discussion below).
- A good landing page has the ability to instruct a visitor to view your page and make the desired actions.
- It can also help your website to increase traffic in less time, more easily than your home page.
- You can give a link of your landing page through advertisement, e-mail, notification, any campaign, etc.
‘Let’s discuss the differences between a Homepage and a Landing page.’
- In a home page, the information is in a scattered format. a new visitor to your website has so many places to visit, all at a time.
- A landing page also provides ample information. But one arranges it in a manner that the visitor has to pay attention to one locus at a time.
After which, it’s optional for him/her to have a look at other information also.
- The homepage does not allow a visitor to focus on a particular task.
- Whereas landing pages are specific places to visit for a newcomer on your website. Some link directs the visitor towards your landing page.
- The conversion rates. the number of visitors converted into customers per unit time gains a high value when a person gets to know ‘what he has to do?’ through a well-stated landing page.
- Whereas this rate is quite low when you are presenting your home page.
What’s the bottom line?
Hence, we can conclude that the landing page is quite different from a home page. In fact, it is much better than a home page. So you should create a new landing page for every new product, service or any newly designed offer.
‘But how will you create a landing page? ’Big question, I guess.
No need to think so much. Just go through the following points: (These are based on the characteristics of a good landing page).
- Focus on the headline of your landing page: You have to first make the headline most eye-catching. Remember that any new visitor to your page will start from the heading. He will set an impression about your website through the headline only. You must know that ‘First impression is the last impression.’
Tip: Write a heading that is easy to understand for any visitor regardless of his/her background.
For example: “Golden Opportunity for you” This will definitely attract your visitor out of his curiosity.
- Put informative sub-heads: Your sub-headings should be able to give the viewer good amounts of information. So that when he/she lands on your page, it takes them less labor to go through the page.
Tip: Provide direct links through the sub-headings to any further landing page you want your visitor to go on.
- Content, images, and CTA: Content should be worthy enough that the visitor feels that he has gained something crucial after reading your landing page.
Add images that present your work, few offers for the visitor, etc. Images help the viewer to understand the exact purpose of your landing page.
CTA is abbreviated for ‘Call to Action’ button. You need to place this button on your landing page at places which can catch the customer’s attention. This CTA button leads the visitors to the next step or the next page.
- What else: Rest of the format can be designed as per your website or your company. Just try to give only one topic in the center of your landing page. Give rest of the smaller topics can either in short paragraphs on the edges of the page or allot a CTA button to every new topic.
A new visitor if likes your presentation on the page he has first landed has a choice to go for other landing pages through the links you have provided. This will increase the session time as well which is important for search engine optimization.
After discussing the landing page and the points to follow for creating a good landing page,8 golden tips are given below:
- Before creating a landing page, collect ample information. You cannot afford to create a landing page that lowers the traffic on your site. You can follow this blog by reading it thoroughly.
- Create it by keeping in mind that you should present only those links, facts or things that the visitor wants to see.
- Make it in a way that appeals to your visitor and converts him/her into a customer or consumer.
- Always use easy words, fascinating images, and facts. This will help you to increase your traffic; faster than any other website.
- Leave contact details on your landing page to better connect to your customer.
- Give links to great blogs, significant webinars, free gifts, few awesome offers, etc. to attract and impress the viewers.
- Your landing page should have the ability to gain the trust of your future customers.
- Do understand the difference between the home page and landing page from this blog. It is utterly important.
So we are finally standing at the verge of completely knowing about a landing page, its characteristics, and few points to follow for creating a good landing page and 8 golden tips as well. Use all these points and know ‘how a landing should be?’ and enjoy making the relevant changes for your site. This is because ‘One good change can change your life forever.’
So make relevant changes, take careful steps, deliver filtered information and facts on a landing page and get good results.
I believe that you must have got every single point in your brain after reading this informative blog. Though if you feel that I have missed something relevant related to a good landing page then what should you do? Go help your friends by adding your worthy tips in the comments box.