Solitaire is the first love of every lady. Everyone loves to wear jewellery. Woman’s beauty is enhanced by the jewellery. Especially Indian Women loves to wear gold. They are loaded with tons of jewellery. If you have jewellery, it means you are wealthy inside. Jewellery denotes richness and wealthiness of a person. If you want to grow as a professional in jewellery designing. This Blog will help you choose jewellery designer as a career.
Jewellery has this unique thing about it it makes you feel special. The power of Jewellery.
Everyone has a taste in jewellery.
” Every Piece of a Jewellery Tells a Story,” – Gem Hunt.
Jewellery makes you look like a real Gem of a person. Haha, because you are wearing gems all over.
Well, career counsellors tell you about jewellery designing as a career? Have you ever enquired about it? Hence, Chances are you must not have enquired about it as a profession or it might not have clicked your mind.
Instances may lead you to become a jewellery designer. You love wearing jewellery everyone knows but you also love designing jewellery is something you need to tell the world.
Show the world your talent for designing. Fashion designing is old. Jewellery designing is new in the market. So, Showcase your taste of designing in jewellery.
You will feel on top of the world when you see beautiful women around wearing your exclusive designs and collection.
You can boast among your peers, PTA HAI USNE MERA DESIGN PEHNA HAI
If you hit the JackPot, you will design for big labels, celebrities. Isn’t that exciting? It is going to be very exciting.
Who is a jewellery designer?
A person who is professionally designed creative jewellery for the customers out there in the world. The art of decorating. It dates back to the oldest of times.
What does a jewellery designer do?
A jewellery designer works on precious metals such as gold, platinum, and stones like a diamond, ruby, gemstones etc and creates wearable pieces of art. They may work for a client personally or for the masses.
It is just like a fashion designer design clothes, a furniture maker designed furniture, a jewellery maker designs jewellery for consumption either by the individual or the masses.
How to become a jewellery designer?
The idea to become a jewellery designer seems to be a fascinating one. Now you know you have one more career option interesting enough other than the boring doctor and engineer. So let me tell you how can you become a jewellery designer.
- Passed 10 + 2 or equivalent in any stream with the recognized board
- A qualification in class 10th will also do
- Bachelor degree in any field is optional, depending on the person and desire to study more.
There is no specified course for jewellery designing. There are a number of diploma courses, certifications in jewellery designing. Crash courses are offered in jewellery designing. The entry to institutes offering jewellery designing course is regulated by an aptitude test followed by the interview.
Top Colleges for Jewellery Designing
- Arc Academy of Designing
- Erase school of fashion
- DNADS, Bangalore
But , The list only presents a few colleges. As the profession is in demand. The institutes offering this course will be in high numbers. Also , Check yourself for the number of options.
Steps you can follow to become a jewellery design
- First of all , you need good drawing skills. A person good at sketching and drawing can take up this profession. You need to have an expression. A sense of creativity, innovation, signature, style. This makes your creation stand out.
- If you possess these necessary skills also get yourself enrolled in a designing school. Learn the basics of jewellery designing. The art of resizing, reshaping etc. Hands-on manual training, dexterity, etc.
- Today, you can create your designs on the computer. There are concepts of 3D designs, Corel Draw, Photoshop. Have in-depth knowledge about it. Learn specific designing software like Rhino, Jewel Cad, Auto Cad, etc.
- Take apprenticeship programs. Work under a mentor. You will learn a lot. You will learn the craft. It puts you in practice. Further, when you are confident enough and have fully developed the skills, you are ready to take on the career.
- So, it’s better to go for a diploma course to add to your qualifications. It is nothing wrong. Some learn on their own. They watch videos and are exceptionally talented. Mind You, There always Exceptions.!
Career Options and Job Prospectus
You are entitled to work in settings such as
- Jewellery stores
- Manufacturing companies
- Designing Institutes
- Self Employed
- Private Studios
- Flea Markets
The career in jewellery designing involves talent and training. They cast and mould the jewellery, identification of gemstones, testing of the jewellery. The designer makes the design on the paper then work on a computer. They make detailed drawings, modular structures. Designs made in a computer represents reality and give you a real feel. The computer helps in the manufacturing of more unique, antique pieces and in less time, hassle free environment. This is the work by the jewellery designer in the practical world.
Minimum salary earned by the jewellery designer is between INR 8000-10000. If you want to earn more, you can work as a freelancer. Working in a private studio can make you earn like INR 20,000. You need to carve a niche for yourself in the market so you get good clients. Above all, Working with big labels like Tanishq, working for celebrities make you earn in Lakhs. Farah Khan Ali, Neelam Kothari are some renowned jewellery designers working in the industry.
Jewellery has always made women’s happy. They have an affinity for the jewellery. Jewellery has a great economic significance in the Indian Industry. It has been a forte of Goldsmith, Karigars who have inherited this quality from their ancestors. But now it is growing and reaching beyond the traditional jewellery makers.
Therefore, It is a good career option to look out. Impress your lady with a piece of statement jewellery 😉